An experienced Production Supervisor is required to assist with the daily hands-on running of a busy Production Department. Experience of fabrication and welding processes is essential, and prior experience of managing a team of operators within tight deadlines and encompassing continual improvement techniques will be essential. Knowledge of Lean Principles will be an advantage. This is a full time permanent position, working days Monday to Friday, overtime for additional hours.
Key Tasks and Abilities
• Line Management of welder & fabrication staff.
• Proactive approach to ensure efficient use of resources.
• Ensures customer and legal compliance is met in addition to internal audit standards.
• Responsible for the training & development for operators, while ensuring skills mix meets the needs of the business.
• Responsible for all ‘people’ processes within area of responsibility.
• Conduct disciplinary investigation and hearings.
• Responsible for ensuring all staff are working to the correct standards, processes and specifications to deliver ‘right first time’ ethos.
• Responsible for carrying out root cause analysis when deviations or non-conformances occur and taking appropriate corrective action.
• Carrying out full investigations and implementing corrective action.
• Ability to carry out dynamic corrective action immediately to manage & contain risk.
• Responsible for attainment to plan for their area of responsibility and will investigate and report on reasons for any deviations.
• Analyses reports and formulates plans to support recovery on department budget and KPI non-conformance in conjunction with Line Manager.
• Attend daily KPI meetings leading and coaching your team through improvement processes.
• Produce and develop improvement plans and monitor progress against defined targets.
• Responsible for driving a safety culture within their area of responsibility to include undertaking behavioural audits and attending HSE meetings.
• Contributes to process development and improvement.
• Responsible for enabling and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
• Coaching your apprentices and supporting their college programme.
Experience of fabrication and welding processes is essential, and prior experience of managing a team of operators within tight deadlines and encompassing continual improvement techniques will be essential. Knowledge of Lean Principles will be an advantage.
- Previous experience of fabrication & manufacturing operations.
- Minimum of 3 years Line management experience to include performance management and development.
- ILM Level 3.
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft applications.
- HNC or equivalent in manufacturing operations
- Practical knowledge of lean methodologies
- Able to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Lives within or has the ability to relocate to a commutable distance of mid Cornwall.
- Self-motivated and capable of working and managing own time.
- Willing to support the others to meet the needs of the business.
- Clean & tidy work ethic with particular attention to housekeeping.
- Adhere to a high standard of business and personal ethics.
- Proactive approach to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Responsible for enabling and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
Full salary DOE
Please include a covering letter, current salary and CV