We have a great opportunity available for a proven CAD Design Engineer to join a successful manufacturing company, designing and managing exciting projects. This is a hands-on role for an experienced designer who work with the site manufacturing and installation teams to ensure their designs are meeting client expectations. The successful candidate will be working in a team of six, predominantly in 3D software (Solidworks) with some 2D software (Autocad) as well, and as such experience with these systems is essential.
Key Tasks and Abilities
- Have an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing ideally within a fabrication environment.
- Work from design specifications to produce design layouts and documentation for the production of drawings and Bills of Materials.
- Check designs for feasibility of construction, checking that all safety factors have been incorporated in design and that the design is fit for purpose.
- Work in close liaison with fabrication and installation teams to ensure projects are seamless and delivered on time, against budget and design specifications.
- Attend meetings as and when required with customers, suppliers and other departments to discuss design requirements, schemes and progress.
- Give due consideration to the selection of materials and compounds to be used, most effective and economical method of manufacture and examine the possibility of incorporating standard components, parts and materials.
- Liaison with all departments to ensure cost effectiveness and efficient design for manufacture and performance.
- Involvement with outside suppliers as and when required to finalise selection of processes, materials, costs and availability.
The successful candidate will be working in a team of six, predominantly in 3D software (Solidworks) with some 2D software (Autocad) as well, and as such experience with these systems is essential.
CAD Drawing software Solidworks 3D.
Must have a meticulous, disciplined approach and work to a high level of accuracy.
Project Planning: 2 years
Solidworks: 2 years
Fabrication experience, particularly of steelwork/metal components
Experience working with third party contractors and support services.
Familiar with working in value streams or project teams, and maintaining ownership of designs beyond sign-off stage to ensure continuity and consistency of design principles.
Have a real passion for design and innovation.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Lives within or has the ability to relocate to a commutable distance of mid Cornwall.
Self-motivated and capable of working and managing own time.
Willing to support the others to meet the needs of the business.
Clean & tidy work ethic with particular attention to housekeeping.
Adhere to a high standard of business and personal ethics.
£24,000 - £30,000 DOE
Please include a covering letter, current salary and CV