An exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager to take responsibility for the management of all activity during the installation of staircases at customer premises.
This is a great opportunity for a competent, reliable, well organised and experienced Installation or Contracts Manager with a proven understanding of other trade skills. The successful candidate will manage a team of 14, based from the St Ives office in Cambridge. This is a hands-on role that combines a requirement for sound understanding of project management principles, combined with a flexible and creative approach to problem solving. There will be an expectation of travel to sites as required which could be significant during busier periods.
The role is a key position in the organisation in ensuring that projects are delivered smoothly, safely, within budgets for time and cost and to the customer’s exacting standards.
KEY TASKS AND ABILITIES
- Building and developing a successful team in a project management environment.
- Overseeing the planning, scheduling and co-ordination of installation projects.
- Appropriate allocation of resources to ensure projects are completed on time, every time and within budgetary constraints.
- Communication with installation teams nationwide to ensure all relevant information is communicated effectively.
- Ensuring all relevant personnel are aware of installation forecasts.
- Liaison with customers, suppliers, contractors and other external support services as necessary.
- Reporting to the senior team where requested to identify areas of concern or success.
- Construction Site Managers Safety CertificateConstruction Site Managers Safety Certificate
- First Aid at Work
- Have, or be studying for: NEBOSH National Certificate or similar
- Proven experience in building and leading a successful team.
- Excellent communication skills, with a calm persuasive manner.
- Demonstrable planning, organisation and co-ordination skills in order to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to understand and work from engineering drawings.
- Excellent negotiation skills at all levels.
- Experience in producing RAMS.
- Experience of carrying out & co-ordinating surveys/layouts.
- Co-ordination of all labour /multi-disciplined teams.
- Construction site working methods & installation.
- Workshop fabrication/welding.
- Experience in estimating.
- Demonstrable Leadership skills including teambuilding and coaching.
- Strong collaborative and influential skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Effective analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Proven organisation, project and budget management skills.
- Ability and availability to work periods away from home.
- Self-motivated and capable of working and managing own time.
- Willing to support the others to meet the needs of the business.
- Clean & tidy work ethic with particular attention to housekeeping.
- Adhere to a high standard of business and personal ethics.
Full salary DOE
Please include a covering letter, current salary and CV