The primary function of this role is to carry out fabricating and/or welding duties with a primary emphasis on quality fabrication and to follow established procedures to ensure customers' and company requirements are met. Working as part of a project team to include CAD designers, fabricators, welders and installation teams, the individual will maintain ownership of their work throughout the onward process and beyond the install phase.
Key Tasks and Abilities
To work as part of a team in fabricating and welding on a variety of structures working from technical drawings and following instructions and procedures. Candidates must be able to work to tight timescales, using own initiative both individually and as part of a team. A positive attitude and proactive approach is also of high importance. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-established and expanding company that is looking to set new standards not only in the local area but also nationally.
- Ability to work from 3D & 2D CAD and other technical drawings.
- Must have a meticulous, disciplined approach and work to a high level of accuracy.
- Broad knowledge of health & safety and COSHH best practice.
- Experience working with CAD designers, installations teams and outside contractors would be a benefit.
- Familiar with working in value streams or project teams, and maintaining ownership of designs beyond sign-off stage to ensure continuity and consistency of design principles.
- Able to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Lives within or has the ability to relocate to a commutable distance of mid Cornwall.
- Self-motivated and capable of working and managing own time.
- Willing to support the others to meet the needs of the business.
- Clean & tidy work ethic with particular attention to housekeeping.
- Adhere to a high standard of business and personal ethics.
£10ph - £13ph dependent on skill level and experience.